[SECC] June VHF Contest

Neal Sulmeyer k4ea at contesting.com
Wed Jun 15 08:45:30 EDT 2005

Rain, rain, rain!  It rained some during setup on Friday.  It rained off
and on all day on Saturday.  It rained constantly on Sunday.  And,
fortunately, Monday was dry for tear-down.

Overall, conditions were not as good as other June contests.  Some E's
from Texas west to California on Saturday evening. Only DX worked was XE
and VP5.  Sunday would have been a total bust if not for the Aurora that
started about 2300Z.  We worked many stations on 6m and 2m.  About a
dozen on 222Mhz and even a couple on 432Mhz.  The score was just a shade
under 200K.  When I have the details I will post them here.

Thanks to all the SECC members that gave us contacts.

Neal, K4EA