[SECC] Moon Phase & ARRL dx test & Stuff

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 20:17:25 EDT 2005

Tommy,

Congrats on the 1st Place SOAB-HP from GA for ARRL-CW.  That's an
accomplishment no matter who is lurking in the woodwork, hi, hi.

Anyone who does well in SOAB-HP, M/2 and M/M gets a tip-of-the hat -
these are areas of VERY serious competition.  QRP counts as well - keep
up the good work Matt!

As President-elect for SECC, I'd like to start beating the drum for
others to follow Tommy's example.

At our last face-to-face get together, it was mentioned that we were
very close to the middle-category club winners in Sweepstakes and the 10
meter contest this past season.  I would like to encourage every member,
now, to start planning to be on the air in these contests this coming
contest season - even if you can only make it for an hour or two (or
three or thirty).

In terms of helping the club make a real statement, I would also like to
encourage everyone to consider the philosophy of 'turn everything on.'
I saw this in action while an active member of PVRC, it sure helps the
club totals.  The general theory of the case is that if you can only
operate for an hour or two, you can't win anyway, but you can sure have
a great time testing ALL your skills and ALL your use of technology, and
contributing to the club score.  Operate in assisted mode with packet
on, turn on the amp(s) and see if you can push the rate meter above
where it's been before.  Fire-up the SO2R box too, if you have one.
Make points!  Many of the club contests are VERY close.

Again - congrats Tommy...

73,
Hal N4GG