[SECC] ARRL SSB

Fred Dennin fdennin at numail.org
Sun Mar 6 20:52:12 EST 2005

 ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WW4LL
Operator(s): WW4LL, K4AQ, K9MUG, NA4BW, K4ZJ
Station: WW4LL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 43.5

  160:   16    13
   80:   69    45
   40:  150    73
   20:  365    94
   15:  374    97
   10:   98    32
-------------------
Total: 1072   354  Total Score = 1,138,464

Rough start with Murphy creating some problems.  Finally overcame that after
climbing the tower 3 times Saturday.  First time this group operated together in
SSB contest and we had a great time!  TE2M signals here were great as were PJ2T
and PJ4G.

Compared to last year, I believe that band conditions were not as good to this
QTH.  Our Qs were down by about 329, Mults down by 63 and overall score down by
about 600,000 pts.

All things considered, I think this group did a respectable job and we had a
great time.

Thanks to Hal, N4GG for installing my Band Decoders and Bandpass filters in time
for the contest, even though he had other priorities to consider.  Also, thanks
to Matt, K4AQ for countless hours of computer work here and Tom, NN4RR for all
the antenna work that he has done.

73'........Fred WW4LL