[SECC] Need light extension pole

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 26 19:19:28 EST 2005

I am working on my beams and I have the KT34XA ready and need to put the cap
hat back on one side of the reflector of the 2 el Cushcraft 40.

I do all my work from the roof but am stuck as a rope from a previous
antenna plus some small tree branches are in the way of rotating the beams
around to do the rest of the work. The rope is too strong so the 40 meter
element gets caught and now the reflector of the KT34XA is also caught.

What I need is one of those light 35 foot telephone extension work masts.  I
have to cut the rope and clear the KT34XA reflector of both rope and a small
branch.  The reflector is bent 20 degrees on the boom so using the rope I
shot up and over the branch might snap the element as its small at that
point.  I think I can clear the rope and branch with such a pole.  I need to
attach a saw to the top of the pole to cut the rope just below the 40 meter
element.  If the reflector were not caught I could get my 3/4" hemp rope
over the branch and break it off and snap the old rope.

Does anyone have such a pole or know where I can get one?

73 Dave K4JRB   770-448-0588