[SECC] WPX SSB AA4LR SO(TS)AB LP

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Wed Mar 30 23:08:03 EST 2005

K2/100 w/ KAT100 (80-10m)
Kenwood TS-430S w/ AT-250 (160m)
K1KP-style voice keyer (1 message)

Antennas:
A3S at 15m (20-10m)
80m doublet at 10m (40m, 160m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower (80m)

Comments:

I marked SO2R, but I never made an SO2R-style QSO. Just used the
Kenwood on
160m.

Only managed a bit of operating time between Easter activities, resting
my bad
back, and miscellaneous other things. Conditions were interesting. 10m
never
opened up much, other than North-South propagation paths. 15m was open
solid
into central and south america both afternoons. No EU on 10 or 15m. No
JAs or
asians heard during my operating time. 20m was generally good, though.

40m was really tough, since my best 40m antenna, a 1/4 wave sloper, is
out of
comission. Did manage to make one EU contact - OK1RI. It was a lot of
work.

Worked NQ4I on six bands Wanted to be down there with the team, but just
couldn't make it this time. This was the best I could do.

Just before the end fo the contest I had my frequency on 15m stolen by
someone
in my own contest club. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901