[SECC] fcc uses contest logs for evidence

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Thu May 5 12:38:35 EDT 2005

On Apr 26, 2005, at 6:10 PM, Dan/W4NTI wrote:

> You know something guys?  That really is a low move from the ARRL.
>
> I hate to say it but,  maybe Baxter has a point.

I agree that Ed has a point, but it also represents something of a
quandary for the ARRL.

Since the Amateur Service is supposed to be self-policing -- would it
be right for the ARRL to hold back this information, when it clearly
shows someone operating a station out of his licensing limits? To what
length should your ARRL dues to spend in order to protect the privacy
rights of such a violator?

It's a real catch-22 situation if I ever saw one. The ARRL loses either
way.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901