[SECC] Bill Windle QSO Party, June 11

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu May 19 10:16:29 EDT 2005

Hello all:

A number of you enjoyed operating the first Bill Windle QSO Party last
October, sponsored by FOC, with participatin both by members and
non-members alike.  No fancy awards, but a lot of fun.  Below is the
initial announcement of a second BW QSO Party to be held Saturday, June
11.  Hope a number of you will participate.

73,

John, K4BAI.

Great news! After so many of you commented on this reflector that you would
enjoy having a second BW QSO Party, I made a proposal to the Committee.
They
have just approved it!

So now, make plans to be QRV on Saturday, June 11th for the Spring/Summer
event. The Committee has approved running two BW QSO Parties a year,
plus our
Marathon. So we'll have 3 FOC operating events during each year, just about
equally spaced apart - every 4 months.

The rules are similar to the first BW QSO Party. Here's the info:

The June Bill Windle QSO Party

The Event:  The Bill Windle QSO Party. Stations call CQ BW
         This is an operating event, not a contest.

Duration:   24 hours. 0000Z to 2359Z on Saturday, June 11, 2005.

Object:     FOC members -  To make as many different Windle QSOs as
possible.
VHF bands are included but WARC bands are excluded. Members are
encouraged to
work non-members to encourage the practice of operating on CW. This
provides
an opportunity to hear the operating practices of others who may be
considered
for nomination in the future.

Non-Members -  To contact as many FOC members as possible on all amateur
bands including VHF. However, the WARC bands are excluded.

Exchange:   For FOC members: RST, Name, & FOC Number.
         Non-members: RST & Name
This is the minimum info to exchange. Everyone is encouraged to have at
least
a mini-chat with other stations.

Frequencies:    CW portions of all appropriate bands, from 015 to 040.
         Top Band: Avoid the DX Window

Activity Report: FOC members -  Report total QSOs and total FOC QSOs,
counted
once per band. The report would be similar to the windle report. For
example:
302/177 where the first number would be total QSOs, followed by the
total FOC
member QSOs.

Non-Members -  Report total QSOs with FOC members, counted once per band.

No logs, no verification required; we are only using the honor system. No
awards as this is not a contest. Send your report to: KZ5D at aol.com no
later than
June 18, 2005.

An alphabetical listing by call signs of the activity reports will be
prepared and distributed by email to all non-members. Final results will
be posted on
the open page of our FOC website and published in the FOC News Sheet. A
complete wrap-up will appear in Focus. Member QSOs that qualify can
count for the
Bill Windle award, Augie, WAFOC, WAS-FOC, etc.

Yahoo! Groups Links