[SECC] SSSSB

Lee Hiers aa4ga at contesting.com
Wed Nov 16 10:14:03 EST 2005

On 11/16/05, Bill Coleman <aa4lr at arrl.net> wrote:

> Please send me an e-mail and let me know if you plan to be active in
> the SS Phone. I'm working up a chart for the club competition.
>
> Looks like we had 22 logs for the CW portion, which means we have
> 28 slots open for the Phone portion.

I really don't think we should look at it like this.

I don't believe we should limit the number of participants to 28.
Yes, 50 entries is the limit for medium class, but if we have more
members who are willing, and desire, to contribute scores, I don't
think we should artificially limit the number of entries just to stay
in the medium class.  Not to mention that some folks will miss
getting logs in, may end up not participating as much as they
thought, if at all, etc.

I agree that if we field 50 or less, we have a good shot at being
near the top of the medium class, and that if we submit 51 or more
scores we may be near the bottom of the unlimited class.  If so, so
what?  It means we've got a lot of active members, which is a Good
Thing.

As much as I'd like to win the medium class, I'd rather see a strong
interest in operating the SS and contributing to the aggregate score.

I'm planning on being on some, just not sure how strong an effort
yet, nor which category.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA