[SECC] SS SSB - Lets go for the Gavel !!

ku8e@bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 17 12:30:49 EST 2005

   I sure hope that everyone doesn't have the same attitude about SS that AA4GA has.  If SECC
 has a goal they will be shooting for I will be in there contributing to reaching it.   If not...then I
 will watching football this weekend instead of operating in SS.

   We did very good on CW weekend. If I did the numbers right  -> 2.2 meg and  22
 entries. That an average of  100K per entry. If we just had 14 entries of 100K on SSB
 we would equal the last years winning score of the SCCC 3.6 m with 36 entries  We have a very
 good chance to win the SS medium category gavel. Past history indicates we usually have fewer
 entries on SSB then CW , so we should be OK as far as staying in the medium class.  Don't encourage guys to get  on for a few hours just for the sake of it to put us in unlimited class. Why shoot for mediocrity and last place in the unlimited category ?

  The SMC and NCCC will be out in numbers because they have bad blood between them. Also
 don't forget the PVRC and FRC. Plus, MRRC and the Minn Wireless have a competition going
 between them as well.

  Fast forward to Dayton 2006 and the contest forum. Dan Henderson is announcing the winning
 clubs for the SS Club Competition and handing out the gavels. Wouldn't it be cool if he says " Winner
 of the medium class - The South East Contest Club"  It's great for your club to get that recogonition and in front of your contesting peers. Isn't this why we belong to a contest club in the first place ???

  I think someone should take another list to see who will be FT and who will be just playing around.
 We need to do this planning if we want to win the gavel....

73, Jeff  KU8E