[SECC] SS SSB

Macie, Gordon GMacie at innotrac.com
Mon Nov 21 10:08:50 EST 2005

Somtimes times you just knew the guy was going to give you a "Q"....
I had 77 sections when I went to bed Saturday night. Missing MS, SB and PAC.

Then MS and SB called me back to back on Sunday mornig. And about noon or so PAC called me... It was funny. I could hear a six calling me, I answered the "the six" once but couldnt hear him so ignored him and went back to calling CQ... After a couple of cq's I could hear his still trying so I tried again... When I heard the H with the 6 I almost fell out of the chair... He was about 100 db below nothing but managed to pull it out... That was KH6FI.. A little while later KH6NZ called me and wasn't much stronger... Hey I only have a dipole... Sure would have been nice to switch to a beam headed west !!!!! After 79 on cw and missing last year it was nice to get the sweep... I missed ND on cw and had about 5 or them call me in the few couple of hours on ssb. NNY was probably one of my last 10... But had several call me over the course of the test.. You just never know.. I had vy, mar, nl very early so I thought it was going to be an easy sweep... I had almost everything except the 4's ... I hadn't been to 40 or 80 yet...

Gordon N4LR