[SECC] N1MM Software

Lee Hiers lee.hiers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 23:40:54 EST 2005

On 11/21/05, K4SAV <RadioIR at charter.net> wrote:

> The Available Mults and Qs Window works with packet to sort out what you
> need.

Yes, it does this, but I believe the Available Mults/Qs window will
also show what bands you need a QSO/Mult on for calls you type in.

If you type a call in the entry window, the "band buttons" in the
Available window will turn blue on the bands on which you do not have
a Q with a station, and red on the bands for which the station is a
mult...once you've got the mult info typed in if needed.  Unless I'm
badly mistaken...which is possible.

The log window does have the adjustable prior Qs sub-window.  I just
left it at one line for SS...I'll make it 3 or for lines for CQ I
imagine.

N1MM is a fairly decent program...especially for the price, as Jeff
says.  It does have some TR-like features, which make it usable to me,
a long-time TR user.  The SS exchange parsing isn't quite as nice as
it is in TR, but it's not bad.

There are actually a few things I like better about it than TR, but
it's going to take a bit of getting used to.  I tried keying from
Windows and it was pretty horrible, so I got one of the K1EL
WinKeyers...it's better, but the paddle input isn't great.

I'm still trying to decide whether I'm going to settle on N1MM or get
a new HD for the TR computer and go back to it.  It looks like I'm
leaning toward sticking with N1MM though

Oh, the Check window does not display worked calls in a different
color.  I think that's something the N1MM folks are working on.  It
will display the worked call in a larger font, but only after the
entire call is entered.  The Check window and dupe annunciation are a
couple of the weak spots IMO.

73 de Lee
--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA