[SECC] K4EA CQWW CW SO80

Neal Sulmeyer k4ea at contesting.com
Mon Nov 28 09:39:48 EST 2005

I decided to try something a different this year, so I did 80M SB(A).
Talk about frustration.  I definitely am an elephant on this band!
There were many, many stations I could hear that could not hear me.
Calling CQ was just about useless.  I think I worked about 10 DX
stations that way (and three or four times as many 0 point stations) and
no multipliers.  Here are a few of the juicy ones heard and called but
never worked:  7X0RY, AH2R, ZC4LI, 9V1YC, B1Z, VR2KW, VR2BG, UN5P (long
path), VK9AA (long path), and several EY and EX.  Stuff I did work
included: 8Q7DV, 3B8/OM3PC, 9H1ZA, R1MVC, TK/DJ9RR, TZ5A, FO/N6JA (my
buddy, Brad), T88AA, and A45XR.

TX Antenna is full size elevated wire GP.  RX 4 550' and a 200' (towards
asia) beverages.  FT1000MP, HB 8877, Writlog.

          QSOs   QSO points   Zones   Countries
80m:       335        875      29        104		score: 115,500

Neal, K4EA