[SECC] Claimed Score, K4BAI, 10/7 Thursday NS CW Sprint

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 7 13:38:56 EDT 2005

                     NCCC Thursday Sprint (10-7)

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:29
Radios: SO2R

   160:   0        0
    80:  11
    40:  30
    20:   0
---------------------
Total:  41     Mults = 10  Total Score = 410

FT1000MP x 2 (SO2R), dipole, zepp, inverted vee.  No signals heard on 20 M.
KC6Z faded out about 0155Z on 20.  K6VVA heard me on 14040 about ten minutes
before the contest started, but we tried a QSY from 40 before 0230Z and
there
were no signals either way.  40M seemed good, but skip was fairly long.
  W9RE
and K4LTA were worked backscatter.  N9CK, VA3NR, and maybe K8AJS were in ok
skip, but John, K8AJS, was at the edge of the skip zone.  80 M sounded
great.
Mike, W9RE, made frequent CQs there beginning early in the half hour and we
worked several times, but no one called after those QSOs until very late
in the
contest period.  N6RO and K6XX had good signals on 80 from the west coast.
Multipliers were down, probably reflecting less activity than during the
summer.
  I didn't hear any TX/MS stations this time.  I just missed getting one
more
mult, as Paul, K3STX, called right after 0300Z to say he was sorry we missed
this time.  Hope to see you all next time.

Thanks again for all the NCCC hospitality on my trip to San Francisco.
The wine
was great!  73, John, K4BAI.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/