[SECC] SS Club Competition - Going for the Gavel

ku8e@bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 20 17:06:26 EDT 2005

  I will be a "serious"  FT LP for CW. I have the SO2R with the Dx Doubler all wired and ready to go.
I have been testing that out the last few weekends...  If I can get the RF out of my DX Doubler when I use it on SSB I might do SS Phone FT as well...

Station #1 will be IC746PRO with 20 meter dipole, 40 meter vertical
Station #2 will be TS850S with 88 foot zepp @ 45ft

The 40 meter vertical might change this weekend as I get ready for CQWW SSB.
I am thinking of the one following 40 meter antennas depending on how much room I find out I have :

1) 2 Half squares -  one pointed NE/SW , the other NW/SE

2) 3 el wire beam to NE - inverted Vees

3) 2 el quad - switchable NE/SW

4) Phased verticals - 1/2 wl spacing - switchable broadside/endfire

5) Bobtail Curtain to NE/SW, Half square NW/SE

73, Jeff