[SECC] SS Club Competition - Going for the Gavel

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Thu Oct 20 22:43:23 EDT 2005

On Oct 20, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Sherman Banks wrote:

> The only question in my mind is to do SO or Assisted.  Assisted may
> help
> in getting that last multiplier, but may not affect the final score
> that
> much.

Here's my thoughts. I've gotten a sweep on LP phone about six or
seven times now. Assisted could really help if you are just part-time
- like 5-10 hours only. If you are going FT, you're going to get 95%
of the mults from running anyway, so there's little benefit to going
assisted for that reason. It might help a little bit to help crunch
out the Qs on the second radio. Maybe.

If you are going HP, hopefully you can choose a band that has enough
activity to give you some good runs, and not have that much time for
the spots.

Then again, if you like doing the cluster thing, it could be fun. I
don't see it making a big difference, score-wise.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901