[SECC] NA Sprint CW AA4LR HP

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sun Sep 11 22:55:22 EDT 2005

On Sep 11, 2005, at 10:17 PM, Lee Hiers wrote:

> Hey good job, Bill.  I figured you were going to beat me
> again...see below.

Not this time - CW sprint isn't my strongest event.... But I did give
you a run for your money.

> My keying speed mostly hovered around 33-35, I know I did
> get as low as 22 for at least 1 Q.

I set my keyer for 27. I did slow down for one Q to about 22. It is
interesting to have people answer you at 30+ wpm when you call CQ at 27.

Just need more practice, then I'll be able to hum along above 30.

>   I actually did fall
> asleep a couple times yesterday.  Once while I was working
> someone!  12 hours at work and then straight to the radio
> will do that I guess!

Managed to sneak in a power nap earlier in the day. Even so,
sometimes the signals were just a blur.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901