[SECC] Alabama QSO Party

Dan/W4NTI w4nti at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 25 21:52:54 EDT 2005

Actually had a good time this time around.  That new beam I have up certainly made a major difference.  My biggest thrill was on 20 phone, 100 watts, pointing towards the NE.....I'm called by VK6LC,  long path from Western Australia.  He gives me a 20 over 9.  And we had a short chat.  Could never do that with a KW and my wires.

Yeah yeah...I know you all know.  And I knew it,  but it is good reinforcement of all the work this took... hi.

Next year there will be many changes in the AQP.  Myself and Jim Johnson  KC4HW are the new Chief whatever in charge.  And a big thanks is due to KC4HW for his jumping in with the web page, log checking and publicity.  Everyone give him a big hand.    Now to get him into the SECC.....HINT HINT JIM......this is a CC to you mate.

Special thanks to John,  K4BAI and Jeff KU8E,  who put out a major effort to do a rover into Bama,  but   things didn't work out.  It's the thought that counts guys.  Maybe next year, eh?

And to K4PN I worked him on several bands.  Thanks....and several others from the CLUB.   Thanks a bunch.

See you next year.

Dan/W4NTI