[SECC] K6VVA/P CQP Photos

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 30 10:05:35 EDT 2005

Hello all SECCers.  Good luck in CQP.  Thought the message below from
K6VVA sent after the CQP practice session last night might be of
interest, particularly the photos.  I doubt my XYL would have approved
of them, hi.  Look forward to hearing you all in CQP this weekend.  73,
John, K4BAI.

Hi, John:

I was ultra-QLF tonight, and VERY surprised when you called me on 80m,
'cuz only 100w via a 50ft length of coax into the house which connected
to another 150ft of coax to my Windom.

Hope 80m is this good on Saturday Night, 'cuz I *should* have 800w and
be up at 1,350ft AMSL with a downhill sloping shot to the U.S.  I'll be
interested to know if you notice any difference in my signal compared to
normal.

161,

Rick-VVA

 > Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:19:24 -0700
 > To: nccc at contesting.com
 > From: Eric Hilding <dx35 at hilding.com>
 > Subject: Locust CQP-Mobile Pix
 > Cc: k6xx at k6xx.com
 >
 > I just added a couple of pix of the Locus CQP-Mobile where I operated
in the driveway tonight:

 >         http://www.k6vva.com/cqp2005
 >
 > Besides getting eaten by a multitude of bugs, no rig control, and not
getting an amp set up in time, my apologies to K6XX, KF6T and a few
others for extreme QLF.  I had just reconfigured all my X-Keys and
discovered some "bugs" there as well.  Since the tiny trailer is only
about 4.5ft high inside, I need to get some heavy padding for my head in
case I forget and stand up to scratch, etc. ;-(

 > With no rig control, K6XX got a "worked before" (Dupe) message 'cuz I
forgot to manually change bands in WriteLog, which was configured to
send SBEN, so yet another Klutz-O moment K6XX had to endure.
Sorrrrrrry, OM!