[SECC] Fwd: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AA4LR SOAB LP

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sun Apr 9 18:56:33 EDT 2006

                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.0

   160:   0      0
    80:   5      4
    40:  14     13
    20:  26     16
    15:   2     15
    10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  47     34  Total Score = 4,692

Antennas:
A3S/A743 at 15m (15, 20, 40m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower (80m)

Equipment:
K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 100 watts

Comments:
Just grabbed about 2 hours - 15 mintes Friday night, some Saturday
night, and the last hour of the contest. Not much time to operate
this one, but I did manage to finish the re-build on my shunt-feed
matching network. This unit is built into a 6x6x6 NEMA box at the
base of the tower, and doesn't appear to have any arcing problems
that plagued my earlier attempts.

Only 5 QSOs on 80m. Worked really hard on a 6th QSO, but DL1Z just
couldn't get my whole call. He got it down to AA4L? but then went in
another direction. Thanks for trying OM, perhaps next time.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901