[SECC] GQP logs rolling in.

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 10 11:39:49 EDT 2006

  There was some propagation on 10 meters. I heard some W1 beacons coming in loud late
 Sunday afternoon. Called CQ for about 10 mins but no answers. 40 SSB also seemed to be
 an endless pit of stations to work during the daytime hours. Most of the contacts were with
 people who weren't in the contest and just handing out a point.  Next time - If  I did this contest
 SO2R I would just stay on 40 SSB all day and alternate CQ's with radio #2. Like many others
mentioned 20 meters was better Saturday then on Sunday.  It was also interesting to have RK2FWA
answer my CQ on 80 CW  Saturday night and to be able to hear him despite all the noise.

 Also , great job by the rovers. Those who commited to get on came thru. I talked to K4BAI last night
on his way home and those who came from out of state - W3DYA, NO5W and KN4Y showed up and did a great job. Also N4PN and John did a stellar job as usual.

Finally, Congrats to Neil, K4EA. Our scores are close in the SOHP Mixed HP category but it
appears he defended his title.  Good job OM..

Jeff  - KU8E  operator of W4AN