[SECC] monster yagi

Rick Dougherty nq4i at contesting.com
Fri Apr 14 13:28:10 EDT 2006

I hate to toot my own horn, but sometimes one must....I am in the process of assembling a monster yagi for 15m ...it is a 9 el yagi on a 66 ft boom...it will be installed on the big tower at the 155 ft level...it produces 18.6 dbi worth of gain( per YO) and 32--35 db f/b across the band....it will have the capability of being phased with the current 5/5 stack,,,thanks to W4DD and his re-designed RCS-8 switch box there will be 10 possible combinations with 9 elements at 155 ft, 5 el at 125 ft, 5 el at 85 ft , and 5 el at 45 ft....the net gain is slightly more than 4 dbi MORE than we currently have on 15m...the new Monster yagi will be a band opener and a band closer...and when its phased with the other 15 m antennas it will give us some considerable gain toward JA and EU....Jeff and I have been searching for additional ways to make our signal more competitive on 15m and 4 dbi additional gain is certainly worth working towards.....this will require new pahsing lines for all antennas, and I will be getting the new DXEngineering 5 KW Baluns for the feed points....better than the old wireman special baluns....it is my goal with these antenna improvements to make our 15m station one to set the standard for 15m contesting in the next couple of years..."end of horn tooting"
de Rick nq4i