[SECC] Announcment - Special 10th Anniversary Spartan Sprint - Mon Night

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 27 09:46:08 EDT 2006

Members and Friends -

This month is very special.  It was 10 years ago that Richard Fisher
KI6SN, Russ Carpenter AA7OU, and Wayne Burdick N6KR formed the Adventure
Radio Society.  The goal was to promote CW QRP in the out-of-doors.

One of the most popular activities of the Society has been the Spartan
Sprints. These two-hour QRP contests on the first Monday of the month
provide an opportunity to test equipment, push the limits of light
weight rigs, and have a lot of fun

To mark our tenth anniversary we have gone all out for a very special
Spartan Sprint this Monday night.  In addition to the regular rules,
there will be bonus points and lots and lots of awards.

We will have up to 30 special callsign stations in the Sprint.  These
callsigns are one by one calls (1x1), all ending in "S" for Spartan
Sprint.  Here is a list of the calls  and the operators:

Spartan Sprint Call         Operator
N1S                          W1PID
W1S                          N1AOK
K1S                          NA8M

N2S                          KD2MX
W2S                          W2LJ

K3S                          K3ESE
N3S                          N3AO
W3S                          K3TW

K4S                          K4PQC
N4S                          N4BP
W4S                          W1MT

K5S                          K5OT
N5S                          NE5DL
W5S                          W5ACM

K6S                          K6III
N6S                          NT6K
W6S                          NN4CW

K7S                          K7TQ
N7S                          KI6SN
W7S                          KH6B

W8S                          WA8REI

K9S                          K9EW
N9S                          N9NE
W9S                          WA9TZE

K0S                          KI0II
N0S                          N0EVH
W0S                          W0NTA

K2S, K8S, and N8S are in the process of being assigned.

The rules this month will be the same as always with the following
additions:

- Everyone should enter the list of 1x1 calls they worked in their
Soapbox comments of the autolog.  Pleas make a separate list for each
band.  The autolog is at
http://www.ARSqrp.com/ars/ss_log.html

- Five bonus points will be added to the total score for each 1x1
worked. Working the same 1x1 on a second band counts as two 1x1's and
totals 10 points. Work the same 1x1 on a third band for a total of 15
points, and so on.

- Ten 10 bonus points will be added to the total score for working 1x1's
with all ten numbers (1x1's with each number, zero through nine) in the
call.  This will be the Sweep.

- Special email certificates will be awarded for -
     Top five Skinny and Tubby winners for regular stations
     Top five Skinny and Tubby winner for "S" stations
     Top five outdoor operations, and
     Top five DX entries.

Please email any questions to hohnc at adelphia.net  Needless to say, the
results may take an extra couple of days.

Please plan to join us in the celebration of QRP, CW, and ten years of
the Adventure Radio Society!!

Here's the remainder of the standard rules -

The May * Tenth Anniversary * Spartan Sprint will be held on May 1, 2006
(which is our standard date--the first Monday of the month).  It's two
hours of fun as you contact
other QRP CW stations on 80, 40, 20, 15, and/or 10 meters.  The contest
starts at 9 pm EDT, 8 pm CDT, 7 pm MDT, and 6 pm PDT.  That's 0100-0300 UTC.

The Spartan Sprint exchange is RST - State - Power (e.g. 559 ME 5W).

Contest details and rules are at
http://www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/spartan_sprints/ss_rules_new.html

After the contest report your summary and score at the autolog at
http://www.ARSqrp.com/ars/ss_log.html

Special thanks go to Tom Warren K3TW, Assistant Contest Manager.  The
special calls were Tom's idea and he did all the work.  I didn't think
anyone could pull it off, but Tom came through.

73 de NA8M
John
Contest Manager