[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score Aug 2006 NAQP CW

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 6 11:48:16 EDT 2006

Glad there was plenty of SECC and area activity, in spite of QRN and
some thunderstorms and other conflicts.  Thanks for the QSOs.  Be sure
to let me have your claimed scores by Tuesday for Wednesday's summary.
73, John, K4BAI.

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:32

  160:    3     3
   80:   84    31
   40:  180    43
   20:  105    34
   15:   14    12
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  388   125  Total Score = 48,500

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #2

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100 watts output (SO1R), TH6DXX, zepp, dipole, "T" vertical.
Had to take time out for a tennis match in the afternoon and a high
school band reunion at night.  Conditions during the first half hour seemed OK
on 15 and 20.  No signals heard on 10.  After the tennis match, had about an
hour between 21 and 21Z and conditions seemed terrible.  No signals on 15 and
10.  I felt weak on 20 and 40, with few answers to CQs and a lot of CQs "in my
face."  After getting back on at 0209Z, 20M was good for that time of night, 40
seemed very good, and 80 was OK except everyone seemed to have a log of QRN and
signals from the west coast were pretty weak.  Only a few responses on 160,
again due to QRN I think.  QRN was bad here, but many signals were copyable,
but the other stations seemed to be having trouble with QRN or weak signals.
N3BB moved me to 10 and he had a good signal there quite late at night here.  I
heard only a GA station on 15 during the evening hours, burt 20 stayed open
quite late.  Not much DX worked except for UR3HC and PY2NY who were very much
in NAQP.  Worked VP5/WB9JTK, but he wasn't really in the contest.  FP/K9OT
worked on 40.  XE2MX on several bands.  More VE activity than usual, but not
much from the Maritime area with only VY2/KD4D.
Thanks for all the QSOs.  I expect to miss the phone weekend due to a tennis
tournament.  73, John, K4BAI.

-- Internal Virus Database is out-of-date. Checked by AVG Free Edition.