[SECC] I need some advice

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Mon Aug 14 21:08:36 EDT 2006

Hi Dan,

I would urge you to take a look at N1MM Logger, a freeware. But a
very well done program.

I had been using YPlog and even though it has not been supported in
almost three years, it was way ahead of it's time. The nice thing
about YPlog is it supported all of the major contest. If contest
rules changed, one could easily update to the changes.

Just this year I started using N1MM and was initially daunted when I
found out it has a 347 page users manual, meaning that it is not
something that you just load and go. It is very comprehensive in it's
scope, so there is a small learning curve to it. But so far, in the
six or seven contest I've been using it, it has worked extremely
well. As you know the recent WAE was held. With it's QTC requirement,
it is probably one of the more 'complex' contest, but N1MM handled it
really good for me. N1MM has an actively supported reflector and most
questions are answered within 24 hours, a good thing! Most of the
'problems' reported by users are from users who are running older
operating systems, i.e., Win 98, etc. Most users who use Win XP (Home
or Pro) seem to have significantly less problems. There also seems to
be upgrades coming out about once a month, so it is staying actively
updated. It supports SSB, CW, and digital modes including RTTY.

So far, no bad encounters with it.

Tom - W4BQF