[SECC] I need some advice

Tad Williamson ironbutttad at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 07:30:55 EDT 2006

I forgot to mention, it handles two radios very well, interfaces nicely with MMTTY for RTTY and my WinKeyer for CW.  I haven't finished installing the EZ-Rotor control yet, but it should talk nicely to that as well.  I also am building an interface for my remote antenna switches that will be run off the parallel port using N!MM to switch antennas.
  One particular feature I like is that on the bandmap, it shows your CQ frequency--if you see a multiplier you need, you can click on the spot, work the multiplier and then click back on your CQ frequency spot and continue calling CQ--a "kinda SO2R," if you will, with one radio.  With two radios, you get two bandmaps, one for each radio.

Tad Williamson <ironbutttad at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I use N1MM's contest logger and am thoroughly pleased with it. It interfaces to all my radios (FT-1000 MKV, FT-847 and FT-897) very well. I use Writelog at WW4LL's when I operate there and N1MM will hold it's own against Writelog.
Plus, it is freeware.
god luck, 73, Tad, WF4W

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
OK Guys...your the experts. I would like you to give me your opinions
on the software of choice for this contesting we all love to do.

I would prefere freeware, but something good I'll pay for.

Please let me know why you like what you have, and any good/bad comments.

Thanks a bunch.

Dan/W4NTI

"What a long, strange trip it's been"

The Grateful Dead