[SECC] Motor Coach Service to Dayton

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Tue Aug 29 07:43:03 EDT 2006

SECC'ers,

I put the following note out on the SEDXC reflector a few days ago - we
would like to solicit interest from SECC members as well.  Anyone
interested should reply via private email to me by September 9th.
Expressions of interest are not commitments.... Hal

We can rent a motor coach and driver to take us to Dayton and return,
next May.  The cost would be approximately $100 per person.  The coach
and driver would be at our disposal from Thursday morning through Sunday
evening, so we would use the coach as we see fit, but the likely
itinerary would be:

1.  Depart a pick-up area in downtown or south of town Thursday morning.
2.  Make a stop near I-75 on the north end of town for more pick-ups -
probably Marietta or Kennesaw.
3.  Stops along the way for meals and/or breaks as we wish.
4.  Drop offs in Dayton - the Crowne Plaza for sure, and other hotels if
we wish.
5.  Friday and Saturday:  Shuttle from our hotels to and from the Hara
Arena.
6.  Sunday morning - reverse of Thursday.

To hold the cost around $100 we will need to fill or nearly fill either
a 49 or a 56 passenger coach.

Considering Dayton is a "four tank of gas" trip for those who drive
themselves, which is $150 or more just for the fuel these days; the
coach is quite reasonable.  Also, it provides a great atmosphere for DX
and contest story telling or taking a nap - take your pick.  Anyone who
has parked in the mud across from the Hara Arena will understand an
important benefit of not having your own car along.

We would be permitted to take aboard anything we wished to eat or drink.
There would be room below for you to carry back that BC-610 tuning unit
you bought at the flea market.  There would be a restroom on board.

We are about 60 days from having to make a firm commitment should we
wish to do this.  A firm commitment requires a 30% down payment.

I would appreciate an email direct to me: N4GG[at]arrl.net, from anyone
who is interested, or from anyone with questions.  This is not a
commitment on anyone's part, just an expression of interest.  If we have
enough interested folks, we will proceed to set it up.  Be advised that
at sign-up time those participating will have to put up a $30 or $35
deposit.

73,
Hal - N4GG
Treasurer, SEDXC