[SECC] KA9EKJ ARRL 160

Hoeft, Roger V roger.hoeft at intergraph.com
Sun Dec 3 18:33:14 EST 2006

725 x 78 for 115,206 before the Errors and Omissions department takes a look at the log.  FT-100MP, Inverted L, Dipole up 60ft, and K9AY loop for rx.  Not bad for a 150 x 180 city lot.

Had 2 great hours friday night running stateside calls.  I did pick up some more DX Saturday nite as band conditions seemed to improve.  Missed SB, SF, ND, in the states and VE1, VE4, and VE6 north of the border.   Worked ZF, XE, HI, P4, PJ2, F, GI, and 5B for DX.  I busted the pileup into 5B only to have the call wrong in the log.  Got an e-mail from K4EA pointing that out (C6AQQ, not C4AQQ).  Stoopid me.

In the propogation of the weird department, I had to point the rx loop northwest to pickup STX stations and southwest to get stations in the northwest.

Thanks to K4NO for letting me borrow his rig and rx loop.  That Mark-V is one sweet rig.

Have a great Holiday season.

73,

Roger ...
KA9EKJ