[SECC] Elecraft hi power amps

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sat Dec 16 11:32:58 EST 2006

On Dec 15, 2006, at 8:40 AM, Hal Kennedy wrote:

> Here is the latest on something quite a few of us have been keeping
> our
> eye on - shipping supposedly in January??
>
> http://www.n6ie.com/Elecraft.html

Well, if you don't mind taking out a second mortgage to buy an
amplifier....

Seriously, though, for the crowd that can afford $3-10 K for a radio,
this is going to be a really excellent amplifier. And Elecraft has
promised that they have other amplifier products in the pipeline that
may be more affordable (if less featured).

The best benefit for finally releasing this product is that it will
unstick Elecraft. They haven't released any significant new products
in two years! I'm really looking forward to perhaps an improved SSB
module for the K2, a new firmware release, and perhaps the oft-
rumoured, but probably non-existent K3.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901