[SECC] SKN 2005

Dan/W4NTI w4nti at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 3 19:51:09 EST 2006

DTG            CALLSIGN        HIS    MY    NAME        QTH                                       MISC
01/0112        N4QY            589      579    LARRY    SALSBURY NC    JOHNSON NAVIGATOR @ 20WATTS
     0122                                                                                                       80M DOUBLE ZEPP @ 70' 75A4,TEAR
                                                                                                                     DROP MCCELROY KEY.
01/0134        WA0ENE    589        589    JOHN    YULEE, FL               HB 6V6 @ 4W/TWT 6 TUBE RX
01/0148        WB9JIC       599        599    PAT       HARTFORD, WI     32V-1@ 150W/75A2/DIPOLE
01/0211        W1HHU        589       589    DAVE    SARASOTA, FL     IC-751/HAMKEY
01/0230         K3NF           559       589    HARVY  NEAR WASH DC
01/0240        K4JYS           589C    599    BILL    SMITHFIELD, NC     LYSCO60A/HQ140X

I vote for K4JYS for best conversation and fist in SKN.

I used my Knight-Kit T-50 at 28 watts output, and R-100A with my Color Burst rock for QSO's with WA0ENE and WB9JIC with my WW2 Lionel J-36 bug.

The other QSO's I used my Ten Tec Triton IV at 50 watts and my EF Johnson SPEED-X into my 80/75M
Inverted V antenna.

All contacts made on 80 meters.

Comments;

SKN is turning into a event for old time radio's.  And I love it.  Almost as good as the AWA bash.  With long
skip 80 was my only band this year.  But it was full of signals.  Brought back memories of the "good ole days" when I but 14 and a brand new novice. In fact I have a pile of old gear and I'll get it up and running for next years event.

Most fun I've had in Amateur Radio in years.

Dan/W4NTI