[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests; This Weekend's Contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 11 11:26:08 EST 2006

Hello all:

Claimed scores from last weekend's contests:

Call    QSO   S/P  Cntry  Score    Hours  Category  Misc
WX4TM   1366  54   61     157,090  22     SOHP
K4EA    1119  53   61     127,566  23     M/S       SOHP + Cluster
W4UK    1006  55   50     105,630  18.5   SOHP
WW4LL    842  54   49      86,726  24     M/S       LP
KE4KWE   707  53   40      65,751  19     SOLP      AL
N4GG     500  52   39      45,500   7     SOHP
K4HAL    292  44   20      17,520  13     SOLP
AA4LR    236  42   12      12,744   4     SOHP
K4LW      49  23    3       1,274   2     SOLP

Others, including K9MUG and KU8E, were active, but I don't have their
claimed scores, yet.

WX4TM advises that he is still a member of SECC, but not presently
connected to the reflector.  Contact him directly for team
participation, particularly for RTTY contests.  We'd like for KE4KWE to
join, too.

2.  NCCC Thursday (1/6) NAQP Practice
K4BAI    15  13               195   0.5   SOLP   SO2R

3.  Original QRP Contest
K4BAI    10   8                ??   0.5   MP (20 watts output) checklog

This next week brings a lot of CW contests plus a PSK31 contest.  If
anyone has any interest in those, please let me know.

NCCC will sponsor practice NAQP 30 minute sessions both Thursday and
Friday nights 0330 to 0400Z.  Usual NAQP CW rules.  No dupes.  Good idea
to use one of these sessions to check out everything before the real
thing on Saturday.  W4OC was QRV last Thursday night.  Remember to
e-mail ku8e at bellsouth.net if you can join a SECC team for NAQP CW.

The real NAQP is Saturday 1800 Z to 0200Z.  Maximum of 10 out of the 12
hours.  Off period not to exceed 30 minutes.  Make that 31 to be sure.
160-10 CW.  S/P + NA countries are mults and they count once per band so
there is a lot of QSYing.  Good contest for SO2R.  Maximium power is 100
watts.  Exchange:  Call, Name, SPC or just call and name for DX outside
US (my programs want me to type in "DX" instead of SPC). Don't overlook
the high bands, but the real meat of the activity may well be 20M and
down.  160 and 80 have been very good during the past few weeks.

There are three QRP CW contests over the next week or so:

1.  Michigan QRP Club January CW Contest.  13Z Sat to 2359Z Sun.
Exchange:  RST, SPC, MiQRP # or power output.  Mults count per band.
This contest will likely be wiped out or subsumed by the NAQP, but for
the hours before and after NAQP, it can be fun to make QSOs QRP.  There
is a module for NA for this contest.
http://www.qsl.net/miqrpclub/contest.html.

2.  Flying Pigs QRP Club "Run for the Bacon."  02-04Z Monday (Sunday
night 9 to 11 PM EST).  All bands CW.  Exchange:  RST, SPC, FP# or power
output.  Mults count per band.  Suggested frequencies:  1812, 3562,
7044, 14062, 21062, 28062.  http://www.fpqrp.com/fpqrprun.html.

3.  NAQCC January Contest.  0120-0330 Thursday (8:30 to 10:30 PM Wed
EDT).  80 meters only.  RST, SPC, NAQCC# or power output.  Multiply by 2
for straight key only and by 1 1/2 for bug only.  I usually do this with
a hand key I inherited from the late KR4M (formerly K4ADU).

Hope everyone has a nice weekend and week and plently of fun and QSOs.

Please let me have any claimed scores by late Tuesday for the Wednesday
summary.

73,

John, K4BAI.