[SECC] NE4S NAQP CW

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 16:11:28 EST 2006

NAQP CW
  I sent in the log as multi because I did use packet spots.

  Operating time was 3.5 hours.

  I never got to lower bands, visitors and such took up the evening.

  Antenna was a wire that was stuck in an oak tree.  It got there when I tried to pull it out as the support of an old broken G5.  Since it was really stuck and strong copperweld, I just took it off at a slant, insulated the bottom and loaded it thru a tuner.
  I did add a 66' radial/counterpoise.
  The wire knot at the top is not insulated, and it touches other branches in several places, but being about 100' long and about 65' high, I guessed something would work out.  It worked fine on 15/20, and loaded OK on all the lower bands. As it is old #12 copperweld, it really is invisible in the tree and I could not break the wire or pull the knot through the fork in the tree.    If you get a lemon.... just load it up and call CQ.

  Rain and wind kept me from getting a nice inverted L up before the contest.  Next week perhaps.

  Band     Q   M
  7          1     1
  14      43    21
  21      46    12