[SECC] WA4TT SOHP 160

John Vickers wa4tt at nlamerica.com
Mon Jan 30 14:40:41 EST 2006

First::: Congrats to Tom, John, Hal, And Paul for keeping W4AN in the minds
of 160m ops and contesters. What can be said but WOW nice work. With the 1st
class Topband stn Tom has he was still out the day before, putting up more
antennas !

Spent a few hours each night tuning Topband and reached my goal of 500 s&p
Qs. The band has been in great shape for several nights and it held thru the
weekend. Worked 4K4K  with a big sig later after the test--- and he never
got any more takers. Guess everybody was tired out. The line noise problem
is better but still have a bit more to do before I'll let the pwr co rest.

It's a challenge to work this test without the packet cluster but sure makes
it more rewarding to find 'em on your own. I snagged some good'uns and
missed several easy ones like ZF2NT etc. Also missed NB, MB, NT, and YT---
Vt &ND called me within 10 mins of the end of the test as I CQed and butted
heads with W3**. (note AA4LR & NE4S) -- must be something in the water up
there ! Had fun, see ya'll next time.

WA4TT SO HP
595 Qs,  58 sec,  52 DX =  230,450  (I think)