[SECC] Re AA4LR comment on a claim jumper

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 18:49:00 EST 2006

I primarily run, and only (currently) work RTTY contests. With my
756PRO I have steep-sided filters, and routinely use 250 Hz, which is
all I need to hear stns calling me BUT I worry about my CQ being
heard by S&P guys using conventional filters. If they hear QRM near
my call freq then maybe they can't copy me.

So if I keep my filters narrow to help me receive weak stns then I
don't hear nearby QRM when it starts up.  Maybe I waste time calling
when average stns can't copy me.

There is probably an optimum Rx BW for calling stns. Any guesses?

Jerry W4UK