[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score NS 7/21

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jul 21 10:48:17 EDT 2006

                     Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (7-21)

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   160:   0      0
    80:   6      5
    40:  19     11
    20:  15      9
-------------------
Total:  40     25  Total Score = 1,000

FT1000MP 100 watts output (SO1R again), TH6DXX, zepp, dipole, inverted vee.

I got off to a bad start and things only got worse.  We had had
thunderstorms
in the area earlier and there was a lot of QRN.  I was a "fox" in a QRP fox
hunt on 20 CW from 0100 to 0229 UTC.  I had the NA program set up and
changed
the zepp from 20 to 40 during the slow part of the fox hunt toward the end.
Then VA6MJT called me at 0229, but didn't respond when I sent him fox
hunt info
and that threw me slightly late in going down the band for the NS.  Then my
computer wouldn't key the rig.  (I had hooked up the hand key for the NAQCC
contest Wednesday night and had forgotten to re-connect the W1WEF
interface to
the rig afterward.)  By the time I got that figured out, I had worked
only one
station (thanks John, K8AJS) without computer keying and thought I could
catch
up.  However, 20 was strange, with some east coast signals OK, but I got
beat
out on most calls, and the west coast was weak.  Stations in between
like WD0T,
W0ETT, and K0UK were the only strong ones except for NF4A in FL.  Sorry
to miss
you Charlie, but I got beat out calling you too.  40M was OK to all
areas, but
the only strong west coast signal was W6SJ.  80M was noisy, but 5 out of
6 QSOs
were new multipliers.  Glad to have KU8E back for GA mults and welcome to
newcomers, including VA6MJT.  QSO total dropped from 55 last week to 40 this
week.  Guess it was mostly operator error.  Hope I can get SO2R setup
back up
and running soon.  Thanks for the QSOs and the patience.  73, John, K4BAI.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/