[SECC] Saturday's Meeting

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Sun Jun 4 22:19:02 EDT 2006

We had a good meeting Saturday with about 25 members present.  Bill,
AA4LR will be posting the minutes soon.

Congratulations to the officers elected to begin their terms on 1
August:
Hal, N4GG - President
Brian, NA4BW, VP
Bill, AA4LR, Secretary
Nancy, NK4U, Treasurer

Thanks to Rick, NQ4I and Ed, K4SB for filling their positions this year.

It was decided that SS gavels, when the club wins one, will be awarded
on a permanent basis to the single op contributing the highest score
that year (combined SSB and CW), provided that individual has not
received a gavel before.  We were awarded the Medium Club gavel for 2005
SS by Dan, N1ND at the meeting.  The gavel will go to N4PN.  I sure hope
we win another next year - it will go to the highest score contributor
for 2006 unless that's Paul again, in which case it will go to the
number 2 contributor.

There was a general interest expressed in seeing if the TCG and FCG
would be interested in a Southern States trophy for SS.  This would move
to the top club each year.  Ill be contacting the other clubs for
interest.

There was also interest in having a club picnic.  Please QRX while we do
a little research on this one.

73
Hal
N4GG