[SECC] Minutes: June 3, 2006 Meeting - Atlanta Hamfest

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Jun 6 21:08:44 EDT 2006

The South East Contest Club met at the Atlanta Hamfest with Hal, N4GG
presiding.

In attendance where: AA4LR, K2UFT, K4AQ, K4BAI, K4EA, K4OGG, K4SB,
K4SSU, K4WX, K4UJ, KU8E, N4GG, N4NX, NA4BW, NK4U, NJ8J, W4BW, W4GKF,
WB4SQ, WW4LL. Dan Henderson, N1ND, also appeared as a special guest.

Business Conducted:

* AA4LR read the highlights of the last meeting (June 4, 2005) and
the minutes were accepted as read.

* N4GG mentioned that he had previously proposed removing the office
of Treasurer. K4SB informed him that in order to do so, we must
change the bylaws, which requires a formal procedure. The club
discussed this and it was decided that having a fourth club officer
may make doing business easier, and that the club may develop a
treasury at some future date. No further action was taken on this
matter.

* The club elected the following officers for 2006-2007:
President: N4GG
Vice President: NA4BW
Secretary: AA4LR
Treasurer: NK4U

* N1ND awarded the club the ARRL Sweepstakes Gavel for the Medium
Club Category. Dan made some brief, complementary comments about our
club, and fielded a few questions.

* N4GG asked what we should do with club competition gavels now that
we have won them? A motion was made and passed that such gavels
should go to the single operator who contributed the highest score
toward the gavel, with the stipulation that each operator can only be
awarded one gavel. (The 2005 SS gavel will go to N4PN)

* N4GG noted that NE4S did a tremendous job getting the GQP results
out, and W4BQF has already sent out the plaques. We're probably the
QSO Party with the fastest results. Great job all around!

* N4GG also noted that W4AN (SK) was inducted into the Contest Hall
of Fame at Dayton this year. He showed the plaque to the club, and
indicated it would be passed to Bill's mom.

* A motion was made and passed that we ask the Tennessee Contest
Group and the Florida Contest Group to enter into a friendly
competition for a "cup", "trophy" or "plaque" that would move between
the clubs depending on who submits the highest club score in the
Sweepstakes competition.

* K4BAI noted that we likely can with the CQP club competition. We
put in a pretty good effort in 2005, and we should plan to operate in
2006.

* K4SB is the trustee for the GQP club call (K4GA), and is looking
for a volunteer to become the new trustee.

* AA4LR noted that the last time the SECC had schedule an open house
or other cookout was back in September 2001. It was to be held at
NQ4I's place, but the events of 9/11/2001 intervened. N4GG indicated
the club officers would work on arranging the next event.

* K4BAI also encouraged participating in the NCCC weekly sprints.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901