[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 7 11:53:21 EDT 2006

1.  NCCC Sprint June 2
K4BAI  42  21  882  LP  0.5  SO2R
W4ATL   9   8   72  LP  0.5

2.  Spartan Sprint June 2006
K4BAI  78       78  QRP 2.0

3.  SEAnet Contest
K4BAI   3   1   30  SOSB20HP  0:10

4.  PVRC Reunion
K4BAI 119  45 10,710 HP
W4BQF  98  31  5,797 --

I know there were many other GA stations, WA8REI in MI, and W4ATK in AL
QRV in the Spartan Sprint on Monday, but I have received no other
claimed scores.  The actual results will be out by tomorrow, I think.

N4PN was QRV in the SEAnet contest, but hasn't posted a score yet.  I
bet it was very good.  I worked JA3USA from K4BAI/M using myu Alinco
DX70 and Jeff's 20M Hustler whip on his car en route to the Atlanta
hamfest Saturday.  That was fun as it was my first JA ever from a
mobile.  Heard only two other JAs in in that contest and worked them
from home Sunday.

I worked a dozen or so stations in the EPA TAC (Telephone Area Code)
contest, but couldn't run less than 10 watts with the Alinco from Jeff's
car, so sent in a check log only.  One of those QRP stations was in some
type of QRP contest where the exchange included the name of a kind of
animal (I received "dove" from K7TQ).  Not much activity heard in that
one.  I also worked 30 or 40 stations in the Region One FD.  There was a
lot of activity from Europe in that one, but there is no provision for
submission of a log or score if you are from outside Europe since the
logs are to be submitted to your "national organization" in Region One.

This weekend brings a lot of contests, and so a lot of summer fun is
possible.  Thursday will be the usual NCCC Sprint Ladder 30-minute
practice.  ANARTS WW RTTY Contest is the 48-hours of this weekend.  The
Portugal Day SSB Contest is the 24-hours of Saturday UTC.  Send RS +
serial #.  CT stations send RS + CT District.

WWSA (South America) CW contest is 15Z Sat to 15Z Sun.  Work everyone.
Exchange is RST + CQ zone.  Note that there is a club competition so put
South East Contest Club on your log entry.  ARRL June VHF Contest is 18Z
Sat to 03Z Mon.  6 meters has been really hot lately, including a lot of
DX.  This could be a great time to work 6 and 2.

The FOC Bill Windle QSO Party is on CW the 24 hours of Sat UTC.
Exchange is RST + Name + FOC Number if you have one.  Frequencies are
the 6 HF contest bands 015 to 045 khz plus VHF bands.

Have a good week and weekend.  See you on the air!

73,

John, K4BAI.