[SECC] Simple Antenna for 6 Meters that Works

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 12 11:46:41 EDT 2006

     I just wanted to point out that this antenna is probably not a "world beater" for six meters. A yagi
  or quad would probably work much better.  I think the W4RNL said the gain of the rectangle over the
  square loop  was only 1db or something small.

    The nice thing about it is it's easy to  throw one of these together if you are new to 6 meters or just want another antenna to use besides your beam.  I have put dipoles up for 6 meters and they do have nulls off the end. The nice thing about the loop is that it is easy to rotate. I have a piece of rope hanging down to the ground to turn it.

    I know I usually don't have a bunch of RG11 laying around  the garage. This antenna
  appealed to me because of the 50 ohm feedpoint and I had some RG8X lying around that I could
  use to feed it directly without messing with trying to match it.

  73, Jeff