[SECC] Simple Antenna for 6 Meters that Works

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Mon Jun 12 21:51:20 EDT 2006

No I am not in the mountains.  I am on the top of a rolling hill
surrounded by miles of fresh water and flat land. The grade of the slope
is only about 3 degrees. The antenna solution was no accident.  I used
HFTA before I ever purchased the land, then located the antenna in the
best spot. The antenna is a 4 element SteppIR at 55 ft and a 2 element
40 at 65 ft.  The SteppIR is at optimum height, but the 40M antenna is a
bit low. A height of 75 to 90 ft would have been made a small
improvement on 40M, but I couldn't manage that.

The terrain models should include at least a two mile radius.  If you
have any very large mountains just beyond that range, then the range may
need extending.

Jerry, K4SAV