[SECC] Field day results W4ATD

Greg Richard k4no at mchsi.com
Mon Jun 26 20:21:01 EDT 2006

Several members of the SECC operated with the Decatur, Alabama ARC this
year.  I don't have a band by band breakdown yet or a total score but we
will
end up around 9500 points in the 2A category.  Thanks  Rick, K4TD and Tim
KY5R, both SECC members for stopping by and operating with Jerry K4SAV and
me.  We missed the other SECC member Roger KA9EKJ who was in Dallas this
weekend.  If K4CU would get radio active again, we'd get him to join the
club, Steve did well for not having operated in two years.

CW QSO's   1319   Ops  K4SAV and K4TD
SSB QSO's   1777    Ops  KY5R, K4CU, K4NO
GOTA  QSO's  30

Rigs were an FT-1000MP and FT-1000 Field
Antennas    A3 at 40',   40 meter dipole at 40' and an 80 meter G5RV at 55'
for the SSB station

                  A3 at 50',  2l 40 at 40' and the K4SAV 80 meter dipole
over the lagoon.
                   2 beverages for the CW

Lots of trash talking and banter between the CW and SSB ops which made it a
great FD weekend.

Rick and Tim were a big addition to the DARC effort this year, especially in
setting up, networking the computers and tearing down.  Hope they can make
it next year.

Greg K4NO