[SECC] GQP reminders

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 09:40:56 EST 2006

GQP is near...

  I copied us, SECC reflector, on the reminder notice sent to GA clubs, QSO party clubs, and some other clubs who sponsor other "party" events.
  The notes might get us some more participation, instate and out...
  There were about 100 notes sent...  only 3 bounces.
  We are still considering a mailing to recent years participants with a "thank you".

  The dates are April 8/9.  The contest listing services have been updated.

  This year...
  -You can be a rover with two counties worked... perhaps some more mobiles will venture out to a close county and put in some time.  I hope this might get a few more counties on the air.
  -You can enter as Mixed, SSB, or CW modes.

  Tommy is ready on plaques.
  Jere has sent the 2005 certs out, and is working on getting 2004 out too.
  My plan for swift score posting is going very well.

  This is a good time for our rovers to start with some early plans.
  The folks who do the rover work are the real heart of GQP, and have done a wonderful job of getting a maximum of counties on the air.  They are great at coordinating and competing at the same time.  I personally will get out and work several counties.

  As rover plans are refined and announced, I will get them posted on the web.

  Gas up the mobile, Tune up the station, Plan for some fun in the beautiful springtime of Georgia.

  73,
  Mike, NE4S

Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.
Be well,