[SECC] More on Club Competition - GA QSO Party

Dick Bentley k2uft at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 18:36:38 EST 2006

I am resending this note - meant to CC the various
groups with my email to Tommy, W4BQF.

My Previous comment was based on my reading of the
rules from the SECC Webpage, to wit:

"MISCELLANEOUS

This is a club competition. Please indicate your club
on your entry. The SECC and SEDXC are not eligible to
enter this competition. Awards will be given to the
top club score OUTSIDE of Georgia." (Caps are mine)

Note this does not mention awards to Clubs INSIDE
Georgia.

After looking over the various plaques and certificate
to be awarded, it's pretty obvious that Clubs INSIDE
Georgia are eligible.  I admit I missed those
categories when I quickly scanned the list of awards.

Thanks for responses from Jay, K4OGG and Jim, W4QO.  I
think it's incumbent upon us who enjoy the party to
talk up the GA QP at the next Club meeting, ask your
Club Newsletter Editor to mention it, perhaps put an
announcement on your club repeater, send out a blurb
on the Club reflector, etc.  Sounds like Tommy's South
Georgia folks are aiming to do a number on us located
a bit further North and we shouldn't sit still for
that!

Yes, Jay, the Atlanta Radio CLub is alive and well,
the 3/2 meeting had at least 50 or so gathered for the
evening's entertainment.

73

Dick  K2UFT