[SECC] Announcement April Spartan Sprint Monday Night

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 30 11:26:46 EST 2006

The April Spartan Sprint will be held on April 3, 2006 (which is our
standard date--the first Monday of the month).  It's two hours of fun as
you contact other QRP CW stations
on 80, 40, 20, 15, and/or 10 meters.  The contest starts at 9 pm EDT, 8
pm CDT, 7 pm MDT, and 6 pm PDT.  That's 0100-0300 UTC.

PLEASE NOTE, Monday we will be on Daylight Saving Time.  What does this
mean to you?  If you spring your clocks ahead on Sunday morning, the
Sprint is still 9 to 11 (Eastern), 8 to 10 (Central), 7 to 9 (Mountain),
and 6 to 8 (Pacific).  If you follow UTC the new time is 0100 to 0300 zulu.

The Spartan Sprint exchange is RST - State - Power (e.g. 559 ME 5W).

Contest details and rules are at
http://www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/spartan_sprints/ss_rules_new.html

We will continue our special recognition for those who operate outdoors.
  If you operate outdoors, please note it in your Soapbox comments after
the contest. Also, in your Soapbox comments after the contest, start by
listing your radio and antenna.

After the contest report your summary and score at the autolog at
http://www.ARSqrp.com/ars/ss_log.html

Good luck on Monday!

73 de NA8M
John