[SECC] Field Day

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu May 4 15:38:57 EDT 2006

  I was wondering if there was any interest in a SECC Field Day ??   This year I have managed to drag K4BAI away from his usual effort with the Columbus ARC.  We are going to test our WRTC setup during FD weekend. Right now our plans are to just setup in my backyard. If the interest is out there we could maybe expand on this and reserve another spot around Pine Mountain or Calloway Gardens.  This is not going to be a super serious effort - either 1A or maybe 2A at the most and just
some wire antennas.

If there was some interest we planned on maybe a barbacue, beer and some socializing along with some FD operating. There are plenty of nice places to stay and things to do around Calloway Gardens and you could even bring your wife if you want to just stop by for awhile.

Any interest??  I know many of you have places you operate from every year but  anyone who wants to stop by to visit John and I during FD weekend is welcomed.  You can at least see the KU8E wire antenna farm and have a burger and a beer. I will post another message in June as we get closer to FD...

Jeff  KU8E