[SECC] Snellville Antenna Regs

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Thu May 4 23:27:30 EDT 2006

On Apr 24, 2006, at 7:01 PM, Paul Pescitelli wrote:

> Does anyone here have knowledge or first hand experience with the
> antenna limitations in the City limits of Snellville? We are
> considering moving and this is one of the target areas.

For Gwinnett county, there's a protocol for erecting towers. For
towers under 50 feet, you only need a building permit. For those 50
to 70 feet, you need to file a manufacturer engineering drawing and
do a couple of other things to get the permit. Above 70 feet, you
need to stamped engineering drawings and do a couple more things.
Above 110 feet, you've got to post notices and hold meetings and stuff.

Each subdivision has its own restrictive covenants. Some of the more
recently built ones may have prohibitions against antennas. Most
older ones do not. Check this very carefully before buying.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901