[SECC] SS CW AA4GA Single Op LP

Lee Hiers aa4ga at contesting.com
Sun Nov 5 22:21:21 EST 2006

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AA4GA

Class: Single Op LP

Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  80:  270
  40:  391
  20:  164
  15:   12
------------

no vo

Literally a pain in the chair.  12 hours is too long for me to sit at
the radio any more!

Slept through the alarm clock, so only had 15 minutes of off time left
when I started back in the morning...took a half hour or so off in the
middle of the afternoon.

If anyone saw my note just before the contest, I did go to Radio Shack
and get some Koss Spark Plug ear buds.  They worked out pretty well,
swapping between them and my Sony MDR-7506 over-the-ear studio
'phones.  I've liked the Sonys for recording, but never used them on
the radio before.  Both sounded fine and kept out external noise (not
much here on LP though)...and more importantly, were both comfortable.

I also got some Sony hang-on-the-ears from Wally World...POS.  They're
probably OK if they fit your ears, but they didn't fit mine...and
they're hard, which would grow old quickly.  I'll probably use them on
the iPod for when I don't want to cut out external noise.  I'm
definitely looking forward to trying the Spark Plugs on the iPod!

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
"Have Dobro Will Travel"