[SECC] CWSS - K4OGG -- LP

Jay Pryor jpryor at uga.edu
Mon Nov 6 16:34:47 EST 2006

I have some really great excuses for not having a better score but I
won't bore anyone with them.

The thing that hurt me most: not operating 24 hours.

The thing that helped me most: moving early Sunday from 20M to 7.029
and being able to (miraculously) hold on to the frequency.  I sat
there from 3:50 p.m. local time till 7:00.  I kept thinking someone
would come along and take my frequency but they never did.

I got NT the first half hour of the contest and finished the sweep
with VE6EX early Sunday afternoon.  As long as I've been playing in
the CWSS -- off and on since 1960 -- this is my first CW sweep.  I
think I'll spring for a mug!

    80CW      213         213        426      11
    40CW      365         364        728      20
    20CW      222         222        444      48
    15CW       27          27         54       1

  Totals      827         826       1652      80

     Final Score = 132160 points.

73,  Jay/K4OGG