[SECC] SS CW N4GG SO Unlimited HP

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Mon Nov 6 21:04:14 EST 2006

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    7
   80:  139
   40:  907
   20:  156
   15:   31
   10:    0
------------

As others have pointed out, the sleepy little backwater called unlimited
category seems to be waking up - causing amazing packet pileups at the
end.
I didn't get the sweep until fairly late - missing AK the first night
due to
the poor 20M antenna situation here.  ID seemed to be MIA the first day
as
well, but I worked three of them the second day.  Meanwhile, a packet
review
tells me they were there on day 1 - so where was I?  Getting a sweep
seems like a different mystery each year.

The bands sounded really FB except 80 had plenty of QRN to the West the
second night from a wx front out by Texas.  Courtesy seemed at an all
time high as did activity.  As usual, 15 was not productive from here -
SS from the East Coast is a low band activity until the sunspots return.
Congrats to those 1300+ Q folks - how do you do that?

2X: FT-1000MP+Inrad & ACOM 2000A; Homebrew SO2R, Writelog, Wires in the
woods.

N4GG