[SECC] Voice Recorder

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Wed Nov 8 17:43:18 EST 2006

Yep, N1MM includes recording capability, via your sound card, per
QSO. It's convenient because it records each QSO and generates a wav
file with that QSO's call sign. Unfortunately it does not operate
fully yet, or it has a few 'burps' in it, at this point. If you do an
8-bit recording (certainly good enough for CW), a 24 hour contest
will take up about 1 Gb of hard disk space. The files are *.wav
files, so very convenient to play them back with Windows multi media program.

Assuming your just interested in recording the contest, this little
program has already been mentioned on the reflector. It is RecAll and
can be found at www.sagebrush.com  You get a 30 day free trial, but I
think the cost is less that $20. It's neat in that you can set it up
to run in increments of the total minutes you wish, when it is
completed, it automatically starts running with a new file name. It
does not record individual QSO's, but records in blocks of QSO's.

The N1MM recording is neat because it closes a recording when you send 'TU'.

Tom - W4BQF