[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contest, etc.

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 16 11:23:06 EST 2006

Hello all:

I will be leaving with N4TO and K1TO for Bonaire on Tuesday early.  If
anyone else will do the summary for this weekend, I'll appreciate it.
If no one volunteers, I will try to do it by internet from PJ4 land.  My
e-mail address there will be johnk4bai at yahoo.com.  I am sure you will
all remember that the big contest for the next weekend will be CQ WW CW.
  Hope to work all of you from there and many on six bands.  The
callsign will be PJ4A.

Last weekend's claimed scores:

1.  OK-OM CW DX Contest.
N4PN   234  168  117,936  12     SOABHP
W4BQF  140   95   39,900   4.9   SOABHP
NS1S    63   48    8,883   ?     SOSB40  Op: K1ZZI
K4BAI   32   29    2,784   0:46  SOABHP

2.  Kentucky QSO Party
Call   CW Q  Ph Q  Mult   Score   Time   Category
K4BAI  19     7    22     1,090   2:05   SOHP  Includes 100 bonus pts
N4JF   10    10    14       520   2      SOQRP Includes 100 bonus pts

3.  Worked All Europe, RTTY
Call     QSO   QTC   Mult   Score    Time   Category
K9MUG/4  956   748   204    836,766  34     SOHP
WX4TM    735   520   179    540,474  19     SOHP
K4HAL    190    10    62     30,600   6     SOHP

4.  Japan International DX SSB
NT6X   210  87  18,531  "a ton"  SOABHP

5.  NAQCC Sprint
K4BAI    5   4  72      2.0      SOQRP  Hand Key

For this weekend, we can look forward to:

1.  NCCC SS SSB Practice Sessions, Thurs and Fri nights local, 0330-0400
UTC (Friday and Saturday UTC), Phone SS Rules.

2.  LZ DX Contest.  12Z Sat to 12Z Sun.  80-10M CW and SSB.  Exchange:
RS(T) + 2 ltr LZ District or RS(T) + ITU Zone (08 for most of us).  Work
anyone.

3.  ARRL SS Phone.  21Z Sat 03Z Mon.  Maximum of 24 hours.  160-10
Phone.  Exchange:  QSO #, Predence (A,B,M,S,U,Q), Call, last two digits
of year first license, and ARRL Section.   Work only once for entire
contest, not per band.

4.  November Flying Pigs QRP Club Run for the Bacon.  160-10M CW.
Exchange:  RST + SPC + member # or power.  This is Sunday night and
Monday UCT.  However, the times are wrong on the website.  The website
says 01-03Z "which is 9 to 11 PM in NYC."  Well, that is impossible.  I
am sure they meant to say 02-04Z, but that isn't what it says.   It
should be corrected before the contest starts and W2LJ's monthly
reminder should clarify the times since I have e-mailed him about it.  I
think the times on the WA7BNM website are wrong due to the error on the
website.

73,

John, K4BAI.